[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34456: Add add_theme_support('title-tag') to all default WordPress themes as wp_title() is deprecated since WordPress 4.4

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 10 17:04:01 UTC 2015

#34456: Add add_theme_support('title-tag') to all default WordPress themes as
wp_title() is deprecated since WordPress 4.4
---------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  Nikschavan                 |       Owner:  obenland
     Type:  defect (bug)               |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by obenland):

 Replying to [comment:17 ocean90]:
 > The function declaration should be outside of `wp_title()` otherwise it
 will lead to a "cannot redeclare" fatal error if `wp_title()` gets called
 twice.

 Good point, I shall update the patch.

 > Wasn't there a suggestion to make `wp_title()` a wrapper for
 `wp_get_document_title()` somewhere?

 Maybe on [https://make.wordpress.org/core/2015/10/20/document-title-
 in-4-4/ the make/core post]? I'm not sure it would help with maintaining
 back compat for the filters in there. We could maintain it for `wp_title`
 but probably not for `wp_title_parts` unless I'm missing something.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/34456#comment:19>