[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34560: Server error after saving many revisions of a large page in editor & possible fix

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 3 00:48:49 UTC 2015

#34560: Server error after saving many revisions of a large page in editor &
possible fix
------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  pdfernhout              |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  new

Comment (by johnnyb):

 '''Additional Use Case, (from a real-world site):''' A post/page is used
 as a scratch pad for creating new posts, and the real new post is only
 created by duplicating the the scratchpad post when it's "done." I know
 this isn't the workflow that the WP designers had in mind, but I found an
 organization using it this year.

 '''Exacerbating Circumstances:''' If the user doing the editor is not an
 Administrator account WP uses a lower memory limit, so this happens even
 sooner. It also means that an Administrator can edit a post and push it
 past the memory threshold for an account with fewer privileges.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/34560#comment:2>