[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20459: Super admin should be able to bypass banned/limited domains when creating users

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 28 16:17:23 UTC 2015

#20459: Super admin should be able to bypass banned/limited domains when creating
users
----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  boonebgorges          |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement           |      Status:  new
  opinion                         |
----------------------------------+----------------------------------------

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 I started working on a patch that provides some admin feedback when
 entering a blacklisted/non-whitelisted email address. But it's pretty
 cumbersome to do it at the moment. Email addresses are subject to the
 'limited_email_domains' as well as the 'banned_email_domains' lists. But
 the interfaces for dealing with these lists are really inconsistent. See
 #21730. Reproducing this logic in JavaScript is unappealing. And it seems
 like a mistake to do it on the server until #21730 has been resolved. I
 also wonder whether, if we're going to be in the business of validating
 against domain white/blacklists, whether we should be doing full-fledged
 the email address is not already in use. And if we're going to do this for
 email addresses, maybe we should be doing the same for user names.

 Maybe we can take a crack at overhauling email domain settings and user-
 new validation as a larger project in 4.4.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20459#comment:7>