[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32399: List table: Lists of items should inform users about the "current view" being displayed

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 26 16:44:37 UTC 2015

#32399: List table: Lists of items should inform users about the "current view"
being displayed
----------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  afercia         |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new

Comment (by afercia):

 Replying to [comment:1 joedolson]:
 > It seems to me like the data should be pushed into the heading for the
 page.
 That would be ideal. Especially now that the main heading is going to be
 changed in a `H1` see #31650
 For Posts (Custom Post Types, Pages) we could simply extend the labels
 provided by `register_post_status()` in order to have fully translatable
 strings e.g.:
 {{{
 register_post_status( 'publish', array(
         'label'       => _x( 'Published', 'post' ),
         'h1'          => __( 'Published Posts' ),
 Other screens, e.g. Users, Themes, Plugins, would require something
 different but definitely worth considering this and I'd highly recommend
 contextual, descriptive, headings.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32399#comment:5>