[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32277: get_comment_reply_link() uses $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] for post link, not the actual post's link.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 7 05:03:47 UTC 2015

#32277: get_comment_reply_link() uses $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] for post link, not
the actual post's link.
 Reporter:  Shelob9       |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:  2.7
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  template      |
 When `get_comment_reply_link()` is used to get the reply link, not the
 login link, the post is generated from the use on ~L1416 of
 `add_query_arg()` without specifying a URL, so the value of
 `$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']` is used.

 This works perfectly fine when the function is called during a request for
 a single post, but what if it is not? Then you end up with a link that
 makes very little sense.

 2 scenarios to consider:
 1) You call this function during an AJAX request. You end up with the AJAX
 API's URL as the base of the reply link URL. This is the actual scenario
 that led me to report/ patch this. The link is still valid, but it looks
 funny.
 2) You want to output a reply link to post when not on a single post view.
 I don't know what happens then, but I could have a lot of fun with the
 ability to do so.