[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32125: Emoji script: multiple second execution time when using AngularJS to insert text

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun May 3 19:30:41 UTC 2015

#32125: Emoji script: multiple second execution time when using AngularJS to insert
text
--------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  brad989       |       Owner:

Comment (by azaozz):

 Replying to [comment:10 Otto42]:
 > Related: #32197

 Yes, suspecting this is the exact same problem with Chrome and probably
 WebKit. Note that the Twemoji regex is used for both testing and replacing
 the chars, and it is a huge difference: over 2800 times slower! @brad989,
 can you confirm the performance in Firefox and IE11.

 This will eventually be fixed in the affected browsers, not sure how we
 can mitigate it until then. Perhaps we can try to make a shorter/faster
 regex to test for emoji chars, even if it is not as precise?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32125#comment:12>