[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31716: Disabling quicktags for wp_editor settings causes errors in editor-expand.js and wp-auth-check.js

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Mar 20 18:23:17 UTC 2015

#31716: Disabling quicktags for wp_editor settings causes errors in editor-
expand.js and wp-auth-check.js
 Reporter:  dougwollison  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor        |    Version:  4.1.1
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 I was messing with the wp_editor settings and it appears that disabling
 quicktags (i.e. `'quicktags' => false`) will cause errors in editor-expand
 and wp-auth-check to be thrown.

 Here's what I'm doing:

 {{{
 add_filter('wp_editor_settings', 'myplugin_editor_settings');
 function myplugin_editor_settings($settings){
         $settings['quicktags'] = false;
         return $settings;
 }
 }}}

 I end up getting the following errors at some point during page load.
 Below are excerpts form my console.

 {{{
 load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=hoverIntent,common,admin-
 bar,heartbeat,autosave,suggest,wp-ajax-respons…:14
 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'top' of undefined

 load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=hoverIntent,common,admin-
 bar,heartbeat,autosave,suggest,wp-ajax-respons…:256
 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'hasClass' of undefined
 }}}

 The the first one, which is from editor-expand.js, looks like it pertains
 to line 353 in the dev file. It looks like there's no check performed to
 see if $visualTop or $textTop exist before attempting to do anything with
 them.

 The second one, which is from wp-auth-check.js, it's really weird; I've
 traced it to line 94 in the dev file. The wrap variable doesn't end up
 getting defined, which is weird because it's set to be defined in the
 document ready event, which doesn't seem to fire strangely enough.

 Considering this is caused by disabling an option that should be entirely
 acceptable to disable the way I have, I think this is a bug; disabling any
 other option doesn't appear to cause this.