[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31706: wp_list_categories for hierarchical taxonomy return wrong tree if orderby clause is used

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Mar 20 16:16:42 UTC 2015

#31706: wp_list_categories for hierarchical taxonomy return wrong tree if orderby
clause is used
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  thomask            |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new
Changes (by boonebgorges):

 * keywords:   => reporter-feedback

Comment:

 At a glance, it looks like your problem may be related to 'hide_empty'.
 I'm guessing Subterm 1.1.1 has posts, while the others do not. FWIW I'm
 not able to reproduce your bug with unit tests, but I'm not sure if I'm
 accurately recreating your setup.

 Regarding the larger point: yes, it's old, and yes, it's an odd function,
 but generally we don't refactor for refactoring's sake. If you have
 specific requests for enhancements, please feel free to open tickets :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/31706#comment:1>