[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31457: Press This: Close sidebar when cursor clicks out of sidebar or tab focus leaves sidebar

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Mar 3 15:46:52 UTC 2015

#31457: Press This: Close sidebar when cursor clicks out of sidebar or tab focus
leaves sidebar
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  Michael Arestad  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  new

Comment (by stephdau):

 Replying to [comment:3 abhishekfdd]:
 > I bound a function to remove {{{wp-responsive-open}}} class on
 {{{touchstart}}} and {{{click}}} to {{{#wpbody-content}}} for hiding the
 menu.

 Unless I missed something, this patch is for wp-admin's sidebar, not Press
 This' sidebar, which is the target of this ticket.

 On the other hand, I tried to inspire myself from it, and tried to detect
 clicks on the body, and their target element. Unfortunately, the issue
 we're having is that if the user happens to put the cursor inside the
 TinyMCE content iframe when clicking out of the sidebar, the local body
 click is not being registered, as it's happening inside that iframe's body
 instead... :(

 We might have to wrap `options-panel` in a wrapper that'd take 100% of the
 width and height when the sidebar is expanded, and detect clicks on there,
 with `event.target == self` or not, to slide it back. This would have to
 only be the case if we're in responsive mode, since the sidebar is fixed
 if the window width is wide enough.

 @azaozz, @michaelarestad: alternative ideas/suggestions?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/31457#comment:4>