[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26167: Plugin activation links need to contain plugin name and the "Plugin" column should be marked as row header

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jun 30 21:31:58 UTC 2015

#26167: Plugin activation links need to contain plugin name and the "Plugin" column
should be marked as row header
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  grahamarmfield  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by afercia):

 Reviewing the ticket and the patches, I'm not so sure we should make the
 `.plugin-title` cells be the headers for the table rows. Doing this, all
 the text inside the plugin title cell will be read out as row header and
 it would be very redundant and confusing. Please consider the screenshot
 below.

 Tested with Firefox+NVDA and default settings: when navigating vertically
 through the table cells and moving from one description cell to the
 description cell below or above, the header for that row will be read out.
 In this example, moving from the Admin Columns plugin description to the
 Hello Dolly plugin description will make NVDA read out:
 {{{
 Hello Dolly
 Activate Hello Dolly
 Edit Hello Dolly
 Delete Hello Dolly
 This is not just a plugin, it symbolizes etc...
 }}}

 Too much noise :) I'd say all that's needed here is a reference to the
 plugin name, we could use a screen-reader-text in the description cell to
 prepend the plugin name to the description and remove the row headers.
 Any thoughts more than welcome.

 [[Image(https://cldup.com/IEiXGpXH1q.png)]]

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26167#comment:22>