[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32662: Customizer Menus: extra spacing above unsaved menu after it is first created

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jun 29 09:52:29 UTC 2015

#32662: Customizer Menus: extra spacing above unsaved menu after it is first
created
--------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  designsimply  |       Owner:  valendesigns
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by valendesigns):

 I spent some time with this issue tonight and figured out why it's
 happening, but not how to fix it. The issue here is that when a panel or
 section uses an `active_callback` to set the context and is hidden & above
 the selected item before the calculations are made, but visible once the
 page loads, the negative top margin of the container is incorrect.

 I'm not sure how to approach this issue from that standpoint. It seems
 like a delay of some kind is needed here. Though, what's an appropriate
 delay and if we're forced to wait until the page loads to render the UI
 for a section or panel is that trade off worth it?

 My first thought is to patch the UI after the page loads like at `preview-
 ready`, which is when the issue presents itself anyhow. At first you will
 not notice anything wrong because the hidden panel or section is not
 visible yet. So right when it becomes visible we need to fix the margin.
 If we try and fix it earlier the UI breaks because it's still hidden.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32662#comment:7>