[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32777: Visual Post Editor is missing - Firefox dev console shows incorrect include link for tinymce

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jun 24 09:44:08 UTC 2015

#32777: Visual Post Editor is missing - Firefox dev console shows incorrect include
link for tinymce
 Reporter:  getspatial    |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  TinyMCE       |    Version:  4.2.2
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 My client mentioned that the visual editor was showing white with no
 toolbars available.  This is a new site, and had recently updated to WP
 4.2.2.  After searching various items on web, went in to look around.  I
 deactivated and removed all plugins.  Site is using Twenty Fifteen theme.
 Logged out, cleared cache, logged in again, still not working.

 Downloaded wordpress 4.2.2 from wordpress.org to local computer.  In
 webhost, deleted all wordpress files aside from wp-config.php and wp-
 content directory.

 I uploaded new wordpress files from wp 4.2.2 download to web server.
 Visited site, verified that it is working correctly.  Logged in.  At this
 point, there are no plugins installed.  Site has 1 post and 3 pages added.

 Went to Add New post, Visual Editor still not showing.

 Opened Firefox Web Develop web console and reloaded Add New post page.

 Console window listed the following:

 02:01:46.573 "Failed to load: http://experiencelanguage.org/wp-admin/http
 :/wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/media/plugin.min.js"1
 tinymce.min.js:4:2622
 This repeats for every ".js" file in the tinymce plugins directory.  I am
 attaching a screenshot of the errors.

 Looking at the url, it is obvious why it is failing, as the url is a
 concatenation of two different paths.  I am not sure where this mashing
 together is occurring, or how to correct it.

 Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

 Thanks,
 Russell Mercer