[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32637: Customizer should default to returning to the front page, not the themes page

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jun 16 06:56:55 UTC 2015

#32637: Customizer should default to returning to the front page, not the themes
page
 Reporter:  celloexpressions                     |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  new
Changes (by McGuive7):

 * keywords:  needs-patch good-first-bug => needs-patch good-first-bug 2nd-
     opinion

Comment:

 I don't know enough about the ongoing customizer conversation to agree or
 disagree with this one, however it does seem like there's the opportunity
 to do one more check in case both `return` and `url` parameters are
 absent. We could check to see if `$_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']` exists, and if
 so check to see if it contains the admin url with something like this:

 {{{
 if ( isset( $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] ) && false !== strpos(
 $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'], admin_url() ) ) {
         $return = admin_url();
 } else {
         $return = home_url( '/' );
 }
 }}}

 Happy to turn this into a patch if others think it makes sense - I'm
 curious to know if this seems like a warranted check for the sake of
 thoroughness.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32637#comment:1>