[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32631: Prevent wp_get_nav_menu_items filter from not applying if there are no menu items

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jun 12 23:54:23 UTC 2015

#32631: Prevent wp_get_nav_menu_items filter from not applying if there are no menu
items
-------------------------+-----------------
 Reporter:  westonruter  |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Menus        |    Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
  Focuses:               |
 For Menu Customizer (#32576) we need to filter a menu's items. The menu
 may not have any items to begin with. The filter that is most useful for
 the filtering is `wp_get_nav_menu_items` but this is currently not getting
 called if there were no items found up front. We need to change this so
 that even if no items were found up front, that the filter can still apply
 so plugins can add their own items to be returned.