[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32601: Use of suppress_filters inconsistent between get_posts() and WP_Query->get_posts()

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jun 9 21:00:09 UTC 2015

#32601: Use of suppress_filters inconsistent between get_posts() and
WP_Query->get_posts()
 Reporter:  brokentone    |       Owner:

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7326#comment:22 is the closest I
 can find to an explanation for the behavior. I don't really understand the
 reasoning.

 In any case, it's been like this for many years, and for many years, one
 of the mantras of using `get_posts()` has been that it differs from a
 `WP_Query` object in that filters are suppressed. Changing this behavior
 would likely cause lots of backward compatibility problems. The best we
 can do is to improve the documentation to make this aspect of
 `get_posts()` clearer.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32601#comment:2>