[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32601: Use of suppress_filters inconsistent between get_posts() and WP_Query->get_posts()

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jun 9 20:52:51 UTC 2015

#32601: Use of suppress_filters inconsistent between get_posts() and
WP_Query->get_posts()
 Reporter:  brokentone    |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Query         |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 In [7326] ryan added defaults for suppress_filters, however, they are set
 opposite for the two similarly named function / methods (get_posts() and
 WP_Query->get_posts()). One would expect calls to the two similarly named
 functions to work similarly. I really don't get the default behavior of
 disallowing nearly all (but not all) filters, and has caused us
 substantial headache in debugging code.

 I would ask that we set the default of get_posts suppress_filters to false
 rather than true.