[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32345: FTP_BASE, FTP_CONTENT_DIR, FTP_PLUGIN_DIR are not considered when using built in ssh2/sftp

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jun 9 07:43:41 UTC 2015

#32345: FTP_BASE, FTP_CONTENT_DIR, FTP_PLUGIN_DIR are not considered when using
built in ssh2/sftp
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  aberbenni          |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new

Comment (by bondnono):

 > Jailing users is supported, and definitely works on FTP
 Yes indeed, but who uses FTP anymore?! It is insecure and there are way
 better alternatives nowaday (you could argue that FTP could be faster, but
 really, we now have computers fast enough not to even notice the
 difference).
 I haven't tried the plugin, but it is not really the point of this ticket,
 is it?

 From my perspective, it is not a bug nor a conflict, it is more an
 omission. The issue is that there is a string comparison trying to find
 "ftp" in the protocol name before considering the FTP_BASE,
 FTP_CONTENT_DIR and FTP_PLUGIN_DIR constants.

 So I think that the solution would be to either rename the ssh2 protocol
 name to "sftp" or changing the string comparison to what @aberbenni
 suggested.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32345#comment:6>