[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33218: Customizer: Does Not Read the Default wp_page_menu fallback_cb for wp_nav_menu

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jul 31 15:02:24 UTC 2015

#33218: Customizer: Does Not Read the Default wp_page_menu fallback_cb for
wp_nav_menu
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  davidakennedy  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |     Status:  new
Component:  Customize      |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal         |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  javascript     |
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 It appears the Customizer does not read the default `wp_page_menu`
 `fallback_cb` for `wp_nav_menu`.

 To reproduce:

 1. Make sure you have test data with pages and menus. The theme unit tests
 are good for this.
 2. On Trunk, activate Twenty Fourteen. Make sure you do not have a menu
 assigned in the the primary location.
 3. Next, view the site in the Customizer. You'll see no fallback menu, but
 an empty `nav` container where it should be. Like this:
 https://cloudup.com/cUuNcEaSHse
 4. If you view the site on the front end, the fallback is there.

 What I expected? For the fallback to be rendered by the Customizer, like
 it is on the front end.

 Reproduced in Twenty Thirteen and Twenty Twelve as well.

 If I declare `'fallback_cb' => ‘wp_page_menu’` as part of `wp_nav_menu`,
 it works in the Customizer. But that is the default, so it should work
 without declaring it.