[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32279: Creating new posts/terms with non-latin characters is broken for tables with cp1251 collation in 4.1.5

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jul 29 06:48:11 UTC 2015

#32279: Creating new posts/terms with non-latin characters is broken for tables
with cp1251 collation in 4.1.5
--------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  vloo          |       Owner:  pento
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by pento):

 In [changeset:"33480"]:
 {{{
 #!CommitTicketReference repository="" revision="33480"
 WPDB: When checking the encoding of strings against the database, make
 sure we're only relying on the return value of strings that were sent to
 the database. Also make sure that we're not trying to sanity check strings
 that've been marked as not needing sanity checking.

 Merge of [33455] to the 4.1 branch.

 See #32279.

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32279#comment:25>