[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32279: Creating new posts/terms with non-latin characters is broken for tables with cp1251 collation in 4.1.5

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jul 29 01:43:31 UTC 2015

#32279: Creating new posts/terms with non-latin characters is broken for tables
with cp1251 collation in 4.1.5
 Reporter:  vloo          |       Owner:  pento
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by pento):

 Given that it was a bug in a security patch, I'm okay with going back to
 4.1, as some people are still stuck there due to this bug.

 I'm inclined to not patch 3.x, because the lack of this fix doesn't
 introduce new security issues.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32279#comment:22>