[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21414: Use the "Keyboard Shortcuts" checkbox in the user profile to turn on/off all custom shortcuts

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 28 11:40:49 UTC 2015

#21414: Use the "Keyboard Shortcuts" checkbox in the user profile to turn on/off
all custom shortcuts
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  azaozz       |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by ceo):

 Keyboard shortcuts are terribly useful and I'm always surprised how many
 people are not more aware of them.

 However, as a screen reader user, they can be somewhat of a nuisance since
 they can so easily conflict with the commands already in place. And since
 these are different depending on what screen reader you might be using,
 plus the browser and OS, I think it's very important to have a toggle to
 disable them.

 As it is in all the time I've used WP, I have never had the comment
 shortcuts enabled. Very wacky things happen.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21414#comment:6>