[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33040: A new link on my page to another page: If I key the 'flyover text' it replaces the text I highlighed to make the link.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jul 19 15:28:47 UTC 2015

#33040: A new link on my page to another page: If I key the 'flyover text' it
replaces the text I highlighed to make the link.
 Reporter:  Jim Bennett   |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:  4.2.2
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 imho there are three parts to a hotlink on my wordpress blog page / post.
 1) the text I choose to highlight, which will turn blue later and be
 clickable by my readers.
 2) the URL (which I copy from another Firefox window) of the page I wish
 my user to be able to link to.
 Once I chose as in 1), the 'link' icon turns on and, when I click that, I
 get to input 2) via ctrl-v. Then I am looking at part 3:
 3) the text which should be flyover when my user mouses over the blue text
 I chose to highlight. I generally set this to reflect whose web page I am
 sending the user to, should she/he click here.
  Now for the description of my problem
 If I leave 3) blank, the hotlink works, but there is no 'flyover' text
 when anyone mouses over that hotlink.
 If I enter text into 3), that text replaces my 'blue text'. for example,
 if my hotlink text was 'here', and the url was wikipedia, and my flyover
 text was 'wikipedia artice', the text in my blog would change from 'here'
 to 'wikipedia article'.
  This is new. I've been on WordPress for four years. I've done hotlinks
 often.
  The bug may be old: I've broken my arm, and spent weeks not typing due to
 loss of motion etc. etc. Now when I try to to a new blog entry, I have
 this problem.
  WP version: 4.2.2
  Theme: Twenty-Eleven 1.6
  TinyMCE Spellcheck 1.3
 and, inactive, Akismet3.0.0 (never activated).
  Please help. I try to let my readers know where they're going, so I need
 the 'flyover text' to show up for them when they mouse over a hotlink.
  Thanks