[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32725: Customizer Menus: Accessibility: improve descriptive text and focus for reorder button

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jul 13 17:38:22 UTC 2015

#32725: Customizer Menus: Accessibility: improve descriptive text and focus for
reorder button
--------------------------+----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  designsimply  |       Owner:  ocean90
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by afercia):

 Sorry there's one more thing, my bad. The ARIA role `presentation` can't
 be used on buttons: http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria/roles#presentation
  If an element with a role of presentation is focusable, user agents MUST
 ignore the normal effect of the role and expose the element with implicit
 native semantics, in order to ensure that the element is both
 understandable and operable.

 Additionally, it's also invalid code. So we should use a more standard
 solution and update the aria-label via JavaScript, see updated patch and
 please ignore the previous .2

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32725#comment:8>