[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31767: insert_with_markers() is not atomic, leading to corrupted .htaccess updates under race conditions

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jul 8 22:46:12 UTC 2015

#31767: insert_with_markers() is not atomic, leading to corrupted .htaccess updates
under race conditions
----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  tigertech       |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new

Comment (by tigertech):

 Is there anything I can do to encourage a fix for this? I was hoping it
 would be in 4.3, but it doesn't seem to be on that track. Since it causes
 corruption of the .htaccess file, I'm tempted to increase the severity to
 "critical", but I'm not sure if that's appropriate.

 As I said, I'm willing to work up a new patch using `flock()` if that
 would be accepted, or I can rework the original patch if you have specific
 concerns about it, etc.

 Thanks for your time!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/31767#comment:8>