[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32921: WordPress mangles text inside <script> tags in posts even if text-control is set to disable any processing

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jul 8 11:56:17 UTC 2015

#32921: WordPress mangles text inside <script> tags in posts even if text-control
is set to disable any processing
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  fwieland        |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor          |    Version:  4.2.2
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  administration  |
 I want to be able to add one-off scripts to my Pages. I am already using
 Text Control to disable any text processing ('No formatting', 'No
 character formatting'). This works in that it preserves **most** of the
 markup, but it still will convert the ampersand character to an XML entity
 representation.

 And, as you may know, the logical and operator in JS is `&&`.

 I take it that there isn't a way to tell WordPress to "just take this and
 treat it as correct, don't mangle anything, send it to the client, I know
 what I'm doing", because clearly I'm doing just that using Text Control?