[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32894: Customizer Menus: page enters an infinite reloading loop when using a menu with a walker

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jul 6 05:27:47 UTC 2015

#32894: Customizer Menus: page enters an infinite reloading loop when using a menu
with a walker
 Reporter:  dennis_f      |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Customize     |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 The problem occurs in the Customize -> Menus section with WP 4.3 Beta 1 -
 the customized page enters an infinite reloading loop when using a menu
 with a walker. In order to reproduce it:

 1. The page that is being customized has to load the menu with the
 '''walker''' option, for example:
 {{{
 #!php
 wp_nav_menu( array(
         'menu_class'  => 'nav-menu',
         'theme_location' => 'primary',
         'walker' => new Custom_Walker_Nav_Menu
 ) );
 }}}

 2. Following the code from the example above, before editing the menu,
 assign it to the '''primary''' theme location , so that the menu is loaded
 on the page that is being customized

 3. Reorder the menu items and the page should enter an infinite reloading
 loop

 The issue happens regardless of the code of the custom walker class - I
 have tested it with an empty class and also with the code from the example
 here:
 https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_nav_menu#Using_a_custom_Walker_class

 I have also tested this with different themes and no plugins installed, it
 happens with the TwentyFifteen theme, when I modify the menu code in the
 sidebar.php file.