[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32602: View Details links for plugins on individual sites on a Multisite Network use the network admin URL

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jul 4 20:11:33 UTC 2015

#32602: View Details links for plugins on individual sites on a Multisite Network
use the network admin URL
 Reporter:  Ipstenu       |       Owner:
Changes (by jeremyfelt):

 * keywords:   => needs-patch
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => Future Release

Comment:

 Good catch. The cross domain issue triggers this in Chrome (maybe others)
 even without HTTPS configured.

 Thinking out loud... The issue lies in `wp-admin/plugin-install.php` which
 has a primary purpose to display the full Add Plugins screen and a
 secondary purpose to provide plugin details for an iframe request when
 requested either in Add Plugins or in the standard plugin list table.

 The redirect to `network_admin_url()` makes sense if the page is directly
 accessed at `wp-admin/plugin-install.php`, because plugins in multisite
 should be installed at the network level. It does not make sense when
 plugin information is requested.

 The attached
 [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/32602/32602.diff
 32602.diff] is a first attempt. It makes sure the admin URL is used at all
 times, which, now that I type this out, is wrong for the network
 admin—should be `self_admin_url()`. :) It also avoids the redirect to the
 network admin if an iframe is being requested. This *could* be a fix for
 now, but I'm sure there are other parts of the workflow that will need to
 be tweaked.

 There's a nice todo - `// TODO route this pages via a specific iframe
 handler instead of the do_action below` - in `wp-admin/plugin-install.php`
 that makes sense. We should have something else handling this iframe so
 that the plugin install screen can live on its own.

 I'm not sure if it was [29595] or [16747] or a combination that introduced
 this.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32602#comment:1>