[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32849: Allow option of Grid AND List View of the gallery when inserting media into post

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jul 1 00:24:58 UTC 2015

#32849: Allow option of Grid AND List View of the gallery when inserting media into
post
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  ashkas              |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement         |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor              |    Version:  4.2.2
 Severity:  normal              |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui, administration  |
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 I’ve looked around quite extensively for this, but can it appears this
 feature simply doesn't exist in WP currently.

 Basically, when you’re on a post and want to either “insert media” or
 select “featured image”, you cannot view the gallery list on a post using
 the “list view”. Rather the only option appears to be the default “grid
 view”.

 The "list view" interface is already available in Gallery, is there any
 reason why this isn't available in the post editor as well?

 I've seen a number of requests for this online, especially when there are
 installations that have a large number of images that are similar (and
 thus you need to easily see the meta information to differentiate).