[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31107: 'Comment must be manually approved' and the moderation keyword box do not stop contributor-level comments on their own posts.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jan 23 17:22:57 UTC 2015

#31107: 'Comment must be manually approved' and the moderation keyword box do not
stop contributor-level comments on their own posts.
 Reporter:  Cantdosleepy  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Comments      |    Version:  4.0
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 Some comments bypass moderation, even when the 'Comment must be manually
 approved' is checked and the comments contain the moderation-greylisted
 words.

 Process to recreate bug:

 I created a fresh installation of WordPress with no plugins activated,
 using the twentyfifteen theme.
 I clicked 'comments must be manually approved'.
 I created a brand new contributor.
 I commented on the 'Hello World' post as the test contributor.
 I created a draft post as the test contributor.
 Both of these went into the moderation queue – great!
 I logged in as admin and approved the pending post and comment.
 Now as a test contributor I can comment on my own post, bypassing both the
 'all comments must be manually approved' queue, and also the comment
 moderation keyspace.