[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #14824: WordPress is not updating Theme option after making a theme a child theme by adding the line 'Template' to the child`s css without refreshing Theem activation

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jan 22 17:33:10 UTC 2015

#14824: WordPress is not updating Theme option after making a theme a child theme
by adding the line 'Template' to the child`s css without refreshing Theem
activation
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  drale2k            |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new
Changes (by obenland):

 * keywords:  needs-patch => needs-patch close

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:3 nacin]:
 > We can probably fix it for the frontend with a sanity check whenever we
 detect the change in the admin.

 Can you get in more detail about the approach you thought of here?

 I think it is fair to expect some sort of an affirmative action, as
 chriscct7 mentioned, in a case like this. Given how uncommon a change like
 this is, I also wonder if really need to account for it in the first
 place.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/14824#comment:5>