[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29255: wp_insert_term() calls term_exists() with 'slug' where 'slug' gets compared to term 'name'

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jan 17 04:07:07 UTC 2015

#29255: wp_insert_term() calls term_exists() with 'slug' where 'slug' gets compared
to term 'name'
 Reporter:  Rob Walker    |       Owner:

Comment (by MikeNGarrett):

 Hey Boone,
 You're right. I ran back through my tests and realized I was looking too
 narrowly at the test case. Is the ideal to allow for Name(slug) of
 Craig(craig), Craig(craig1), Craig(craig2), etc to exist or to allow only
 one Craig(craig) to exist per level in a hierarchical taxonomy?

 I mean, should users be allowed to create a term with the name "Craig" if
 one already exists regardless of slug? or should slug always be unique,
 but name can be anything? Either way implies a bit of difficulty in this
 situation.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29255#comment:5>