[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #30899: PHP Strict Warning: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Widget

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 6 01:06:27 UTC 2015

#30899: PHP Strict Warning: Redefining already defined constructor for class
WP_Widget
--------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  toby86        |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by dd32):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => duplicate
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 Duplicate of #20801.

 Going to mark this as a duplicate of the previous ticket then.

 There's nothing we can do to avoid the strict standards warning in older
 PHP without breaking backwards compatibility, and since it should only be
 shown to Developers with display_errors on (and WP_DEBUG) I'd encourage
 them to develop with a more modern PHP (or at least a stable release in
 the older branch).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/30899#comment:3>