[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #18828: function wp_get_object_terms() passes sql data into `wp_get_object_terms` filter for $taxonomies

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 27 20:30:15 UTC 2015

#18828: function wp_get_object_terms() passes sql data into `wp_get_object_terms`
filter for $taxonomies
-------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  postpostmodern           |       Owner:  boonebgorges
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  closed
Changes (by boonebgorges):

 * owner:   => boonebgorges
 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 In [changeset:"31581"]:
 {{{
 #!CommitTicketReference repository="" revision="31581"
 Introduce 'get_object_terms' filter in `wp_get_object_terms()`.

 The existing 'wp_get_object_terms' filter accepts a parameter
 `$taxonomies`,
 which is a list of taxonomy names formatted for direct use in a MySQL IN
 clause.
 This formatting makes it difficult to make use of the taxonomy list in
 filter
 callbacks. However, changing the parameters passed to the existing filter
 raises backward compatibility concerns, so we introduce a new filter that
 receives a structured `$taxonomy_array` parameter.

 We also take this opportunity to correct and clean up some of the
 documentation
 on the 'wp_get_object_terms' filter.

 Props postpostmodern, doublesharp, wonderboymusic, nacin.
 Fixes #18828.

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18828#comment:19>