[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31371: wp_enqueue_script doesn't load all scripts due to $concat = str_split( $concat, 128 );

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 18 19:36:42 UTC 2015

#31371: wp_enqueue_script doesn't load all scripts due to $concat = str_split(
$concat, 128 );
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  alturic        |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |     Status:  new
Component:  Script Loader  |    Version:  4.1
 Severity:  normal         |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                 |
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 So, I came across this ticket that was marked Closed and I'm unsure what
 me reopening it will actually do hence I'm making this ticket for
 WordPress 4.1 but the "issue" still remains.

 https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26886

 Either way the "problem" comes when the Query Params reach 128 chars, and
 I don't really want to just edit a WP Core file for multiple reasons BUT I
 fix it by simply changing

 {{{
 $concat = str_split( $concat, 128 );

 $concat = str_split( $concat, 3000 );
 }}}

 and everything seems to work fine, all the scripts now load, etc. I don't
 have the problem anymore or anything but a.) it's editing a core file
 (blah) and b.) I'm unsure what all can happen by simply doing that.

 For reference, here's some screenshots showing what was happening:

 http://i.imgur.com/3Gz3lTL.png

 http://i.imgur.com/thRlvXI.png