[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31316: wp_list_pluck unexpectedly returns id indexed array instead of plucked values with index_key = null

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 13 02:54:03 UTC 2015

#31316: wp_list_pluck unexpectedly returns id indexed array instead of plucked
values with index_key = null
------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  adamsilverstein         |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  new

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 I came here to say that we probably can't change this for backward
 compatibility reasons, but dd32 beat me to it :) I don't disagree that the
 behavior is a bit odd with numeric keys, but it's very likely that there
 are plugins that are expecting to have the keys preserved. In the case of
 associative arrays, it would be bad indeed if this behavior were changed.

 It's worth noting that PHP's `array_filter()` preserves keys in the same
 way as `wp_list_pluck()`, but `array_column()` does not.

 I do think it's worth adding a line to the docblock explaining the current
 behavior.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/31316#comment:7>