[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34997: preprocess_comment filter does not contain old user_ID field for user_id, instead it has new user_id field

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Dec 11 19:36:45 UTC 2015

#34997: preprocess_comment filter does not contain old user_ID field for user_id,
instead it has new user_id field
-------------------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  cookiesowns                    |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                   |      Status:  new

Comment (by cookiesowns):

 Indeed.

 Given this code here...

 {{{#!php
 <?php

 function filter_comments( $commentdata ) {

   // This will fail due to new change

   if($commentdata['user_ID']) {

     // Do something with user
   }

 }

 add_filter( 'preprocess_comment', 'filter_comments' );

 }}}

 That code above will break with the new code.

 {{{#!php
 <?php

 function filter_comments( $commentdata ) {

   // This is how we're supposed to filter comments now apparently..

   if($commentdata['user_id']) {

     // Do something with user
   }

 }

 add_filter( 'preprocess_comment', 'filter_comments' );

 }}}

 Documentation has not yet been changed for this simple syntax change.

 I'm thinking due to backwards compatibility, we might want to send both
 user_ID and user_id ? Or should the documentation just be changed to
 account for this?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/34997#comment:5>