[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34929: Update from 4.3.1 to 4.4 stuck at blank do-core-upgrade when SCRIPT_DEBUG and FORCE_SSL_ADMIN are set to true

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Dec 9 07:50:42 UTC 2015

#34929: Update from 4.3.1 to 4.4 stuck at blank do-core-upgrade when SCRIPT_DEBUG
and FORCE_SSL_ADMIN are set to true
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  ElastisysLars    |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |     Status:  new
Component:  Upgrade/Install  |    Version:  4.3.1
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                   |
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 I had the following settings in my wp-config.php:

 {{{
 define('FORCE_SSL_ADMIN', true);
 define('SCRIPT_DEBUG', true);
 }}}

 With those settings, the update to 4.4 failed. I got a completely blank,
 content-free page at the do-core-update step. Going to the location bar in
 my browser and hitting Enter brought up a page asking me if I was sure I
 wanted to continue, but gave me no buttons to do so.

 When I commented the lines out from my wp-config.php file, the update
 could be successfully applied.

 I sincerely hope that it is the SCRIPT_DEBUG one that made it fail, and
 not the SSL_ADMIN one, but I am not well-versed enough in WordPress (or
 PHP) to do the detective work required.