[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32994: invite email from secondary blog does not use network site URL for wp-activate link

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Dec 6 16:59:26 UTC 2015

#32994: invite email from secondary blog does not use network site URL for wp-
activate link
--------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  leedo               |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)        |      Status:  new
Changes (by RMarks):

 * keywords:   => reporter-feedback

Comment:

 Hi @leedo, I setup a network and created a user as admin from a secondary
 site.  For reference, here's how I did this.  Logged into the Network as
 its admin user.  Browsed to My Sites > Network Admin > Sites.  Under the
 secondary site, I cliked that site's Dashabord link.  In that site's menu,
 I browsed to Users > Add User (/wp-admin/user-new.php).

 The email that was generated took me to `site_url('wp-
 activate.php?key=$key')`, although that page did not show a 404.  Can you
 please explain what you mean by this?

 > `wp-activate.php` returns a 404 when accessed outside the network site
 domain.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32994#comment:2>