[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24760: Creating default object from empty value in wp-includes/ms-settings.php on line 111

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Dec 6 16:42:49 UTC 2015

#24760: Creating default object from empty value in wp-includes/ms-settings.php on
line 111
-------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  conner_bw                |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by uglyrobot):

 * keywords:  needs-testing needs-patch => needs-testing has-patch

Comment:

 After reviewing this issue, it seems to me the the underlying problem is
 the inconsistencies with signup activations on subdomain installs. In
 subdirectory installs the activation link goes to network_site_url() root,
 not /blog/wp-activate.php. wp-activate.php like wp-signup.php uses the
 main sites theme as well.

 So rather than trying to hack ms-settings.php to not cause errors when you
 access a non-existent blog, I propose simply making the activation link in
 the email consistent for both configurations, and I've attached a patch to
 that effect.

 Purposely not adding redirects into wp-activate.php so as to not break
 backwards compatibility with any plugins that may be overriding the
 activation email text.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24760#comment:18>