[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29831: Introduce is_blog_index() and is_homepage() to replace/deprecate is_home() and is_front_page()

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 3 07:06:53 UTC 2015

#29831: Introduce is_blog_index() and is_homepage() to replace/deprecate is_home()
and is_front_page()
 Reporter:  ericlewis                 |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement               |      Status:  new
Changes (by chriscct7):

 * keywords:  2nd-opinion dev-feedback => dev-feedback needs-patch

Comment:

 I personally see the change of name as minimally beneficial, but on the
 other hand, those two functions are referenced all over the place in
 plugins. However, the label changes could be interesting. Instead of
 deprecating the 2 functions we could have them wrapper without deprecation
 if the label changes were merged.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29831#comment:9>