[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33637: Plugin updater ajax loader gif never get updated to show the success message.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Aug 31 21:13:15 UTC 2015

#33637: Plugin updater ajax loader gif never get updated to show the success
message.
--------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  svovaf                          |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                    |     Status:  new
Component:  Plugins                         |    Version:  4.2.2
 Severity:  normal                          |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui, javascript, administration  |
--------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 I'm a plugin developer and in my test environment I have multiple versions
 of my own plugin. They all located in different folders based on version
 number e.g. rating-widget.v.2.5.6.

 The reason I have this setup is because I test upgrades from one version
 to another. So my use-case isn't esoteric.

 When I click on the "update now" in /wp-admin/plugins.php I noticed that
 the ajax loader gif keep spinning forever. Even though the plugin's code
 is actually updated successfully.

 I've done some debugging on the JS code and found an issue with:

 {{{
 b.updates.updateSuccess
 }}}

 The JS selector of the visual record of the updated plugin is based on
 slug:

 {{{
 (g = a('[data-slug="' + d.slug + '"]').first()
 }}}

 Without checking if the plugin is active or not. It could be easily fixed
 by changing the selector to:
 {{{
 (g = a('[data-slug="' + d.slug + '"].active').first()
 }}}

 I would submit the patch myself, but I never contributed to core so I'm
 not sure how to do it.