[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33297: Various typos and punctuation errors in wp/admin/edit-form-advanced.php - help tab.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Aug 24 00:25:20 UTC 2015

#33297: Various typos and punctuation errors in wp/admin/edit-form-advanced.php -
help tab.
--------------------------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  timph                                 |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                          |      Status:  new
Changes (by netweb):

 * keywords:  good-first-bug has-patch => good-first-bug has-patch 2nd-
               opinion

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:7 sjmur]:
 > Thanks for this. I've attached my patch file to this bug. What's next!
 @sjmur Thanks, the patch looks good as in what the patch should look like
 with the proposed text :)

 I'm adding "2nd-opinion" here as a 2nd opinion on the proposed text change
 would be welcome.

 I'm personally in favour of leaving the original string as is, it makes
 sense to me now that I've actually taken the time to read it concisely,
 the one change I would suggest is to indeed switch from a colon `:` and
 the end of the sentence to a period/full stop `.`, but that one change
 would be the only change.

 ----
 Replying to [ticket:33297 timph]:
 > The first sentence doesn't make much sense to me.  I believe it might be
 saying something along the lines of:

 > "Creating a Page is very similar to creating a Post, and the screens can
 be customized just like the Screen Options tab.  You can drag and drop
 them, and expand/collapse the boxes as you choose."
 That is incorrect, that is NOT what it is trying to say.

 The original sentence: ''"Creating a Page is very similar to creating a
 Post, and the screens can be customized in the same way using drag and
 drop, the Screen Options tab, and expanding/collapsing boxes as you
 choose."''

 What this is saying is that both the Posts and Pages screens can be
 customized the same way, both can use drag and drop, both can expand and
 collapse boxes, and both can be further customized by changing the
 values/configuration in the "Screen Options" tab.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/33297#comment:9>