[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29789: Bulk Actions Selectbox is displayed even when user can't edit or trash anything (was: UX bug: Bulk Actions Selectbox is displayed even when user can't edit or trash anything)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Aug 23 08:07:52 UTC 2015

#29789: Bulk Actions Selectbox is displayed even when user can't edit or trash
anything
-----------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  psoluch                |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement            |      Status:  new
Changes (by DrewAPicture):

 * focuses:  ui, javascript, administration => ui, administration
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => 4.4

Comment:

 Hi @psoluch,

 I agree that it's a little strange to display the bulk actions options if
 you can't actually use any of them. I would think we'd probably want to
 handle this directly in the list table classes instead of trying to remove
 the element after the fact with JavaScript.

 I've added [attachment:29789.diff] which handles hiding bulk actions for
 the posts list table, and would be a good starting point for patching the
 other list tables, if you're interested.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29789#comment:3>