[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33284: Back end of site error, cannot make changes to website, website loads with error message

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Aug 5 19:03:57 UTC 2015

#33284: Back end of site error, cannot make changes to website, website loads with
error message
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  creativenerve  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |     Status:  new
Component:  General        |    Version:
 Severity:  normal         |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                 |
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 When I go to our website the following error message appears:
 Warning: Parameter 1 to ec3_filter_posts_where() expected to be a
 reference, value given in /home/camill11/public_html/wordpress/wp-
 includes/plugin.php on line 227

 Warning: Parameter 1 to ec3_filter_posts_join() expected to be a
 reference, value given in /home/camill11/public_html/wordpress/wp-
 includes/plugin.php on line 227

 Warning: Parameter 1 to ec3_filter_posts_groupby() expected to be a
 reference, value given in /home/camill11/public_html/wordpress/wp-
 includes/plugin.php on line 227

 Warning: Parameter 1 to ec3_filter_posts_fields() expected to be a
 reference, value given in /home/camill11/public_html/wordpress/wp-
 includes/plugin.php on line 227

 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
 (output started at /home/camill11/public_html/wordpress/wp-
 includes/plugin.php:227) in /home/camill11/public_html/wordpress/wp-
 includes/pluggable.php on line 866

 When I login to the back end of the website, we are unable to access any
 of the posts, plugins etc.. and the dashboard comes up blank with the
 following error message up top:

 Warning: Parameter 1 to ec3_filter_posts_where() expected to be a
 reference, value given in /home/camill11/public_html/wordpress/wp-
 includes/plugin.php on line 227

 Warning: Parameter 1 to ec3_filter_posts_join() expected to be a
 reference, value given in /home/camill11/public_html/wordpress/wp-
 includes/plugin.php on line 227

 Warning: Parameter 1 to ec3_filter_posts_groupby() expected to be a
 reference, value given in /home/camill11/public_html/wordpress/wp-
 includes/plugin.php on line 227

 Warning: Parameter 1 to ec3_filter_posts_fields() expected to be a
 reference, value given in /home/camill11/public_html/wordpress/wp-
 includes/plugin.php on line 227

 Yesterday I was adding content to the media and bibliography pages, but
 made no changes to the plugins or structure in any way. After I added the
 information and links, I previewed the pages and made the updates. This
 seemed to be fine when I visited the site afterwards and I logged out as
 usual. I first noticed the issues this morning at 9am. We are unable to
 try to isolate the issue since we cannot access our content.