[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32090: Bug: Can not update tables in non-wordpress-installation databases when the query contains non ASCII characters

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 24 09:56:20 UTC 2015

#32090: Bug: Can not update tables in non-wordpress-installation databases when the
query contains non ASCII characters
--------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  willstedt     |       Owner:

Comment (by willstedt):

 Replying to [comment:2 ewerkstatt]:
 > Same problem here with german umlauts in fieldnames, although UTF-8 is
 used as characterset (#32104)
 It doesn't matter which charset you have - Wordpress never gets so far
 that it can look up the charset. The bug is where they try to reverse
 engineer the SQL query in order to find the charset. They missed the
 scenario when the lookup is performed on databases outside the one which
 Wordpress is installed in.

 Luckily it is very easy to fix and if you need a quick fix (like I did
 with an office with 30 employees that suddenly couldn't work), you can
 edit the wp-db.php file and do the two changes in my bug report.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32090#comment:3>