[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31974: Separation of Views and static data, such as mime-type arrays from logic code

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Apr 15 03:30:29 UTC 2015

#31974: Separation of Views and static data, such as mime-type arrays from logic
code
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  LewisCowles        |       Owner:
     Type:  feature request    |      Status:  new

Comment (by LewisCowles):

 sorry John, but none of this requires that much complexity, as it is
 essentially a class, maybe two (< 1k lines each), and reduces complexity,
 without harming features... Not sure why you thought this would harm
 features, but it wouldn't, and many of my plugins have used separate data
 and views within WP since pre 2009... I Just thought it might be nice for
 you core devs to have less work to achieve the same result was all.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/31974#comment:2>