[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31924: Use add_theme_support( 'more-tag' ) to control display of More Tag button in TinyMCE

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 9 16:23:03 UTC 2015

#31924: Use add_theme_support( 'more-tag' ) to control display of More Tag button
in TinyMCE
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  mrwweb       |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by obenland):

 Replying to [comment:6 mrwweb]:
 > That same argument could be made against `add_theme_support( 'post-
 formats' )` and `add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails' )` couldn't it?

 Good point.

 In this case `add_theme_support()` seems to be the wrong tool for its lack
 backwards compatibility. Existing themes wouldn't declare support for the
 more tag, so the would disappear for all of them. I'm sure we could find a
 clever way to hack around that, but the easiest way for an edge case like
 this would still be to remove the buttons on the right mce filter, IMO.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/31924#comment:7>