[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31722: Shiny Updates: the aria-label should be updated to reflect the current status

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Apr 1 14:26:27 UTC 2015

#31722: Shiny Updates: the aria-label should be updated to reflect the current
status
-----------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  afercia          |       Owner:  afercia
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  reviewing

Comment (by afercia):

 Hello @mehulkaklotar
 you're right, thanks very much :) we need some new strings and a
 placeholder to allow translators to shift the plugin name if needed.
 Agreed with @ocean90 to introduce a few new strings. To summarize:

 New patch by @mehulkaklotar uses data attribute to pass the plugin name to
 JavaScript.

 In the refreshed proposed patch:
 - since this is the plugin name, I'd propose to change "title" and
 "plugin_title" in "name"
 - new strings for translation, use a placeholder
 - tweaking existing strings (e.g. removed dot from 'Update Failed.',
 casing)
 - updates.js: removed some mixed space/tabs or double spaces
 - updates.js: moved 1 var declaration at the top
 - updates.js: jshinted

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/31722#comment:11>