[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29796: In Plugin Search navigating to a higher page number than the no. of result pages changes the total no. of results found

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 29 14:25:06 UTC 2014

#29796: In Plugin Search navigating to a higher page number than the no. of result
pages changes the total no. of results found
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  adispiac            |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)        |     Status:  new
Component:  Administration      |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal              |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui, administration  |
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 In Plugins > Add New, I'm searching for "custom fields" and I'm given 2850
 items and 95 pages.

 [[Image(https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5748347/before.png)]]

 After installing this patch:
 [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/18724/18724.2.patch], I
 put in a page number bigger than 95, let's say 100.

 After hitting enter, I'm prompted with a new number of results: 9544 items
 and 319 pages.

 [[Image(https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5748347/after.png)]]

 Why did this number change?