[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29793: Author Archives not Generated for users who create Gravatar Profile AFTER being added as author

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 29 13:11:47 UTC 2014

#29793: Author Archives not Generated for users who create Gravatar Profile AFTER
being added as author
------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  hopetommola             |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)            |     Status:  new
Component:  Users                   |    Version:  4.0
 Severity:  normal                  |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  multisite, performance  |
------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 WordPress 4.0 multisite. New student bloggers are added to the Admissions
 blog annually. Some authors didn't have Author Archives, but rather a
 "This is somewhat embarrassing, isn’t it?" page. I scrutinized the users
 who *did* have archives and it appeared that they had gravatar profiles
 setup, but the new users did not.

 So we asked the new authors to setup their gravatar profiles using their
 college email address (same as used for their author accounts) thinking
 this would resolve the issue. It did not.

 So we tested by adding a user (me) who was not already an author, but
 already had a gravatar account. After adding me as an author and creating
 a post, I immediately had an Author Archive page.

 Short story - Author Archives are only created when the author has a
 gravatar profile *prior to* being added as a user.

 PLEASE tell me I am missing something simple of foolish ... because this
 seems too odd to be an actual bug.

 Much thanks
 CT